When I started this project I decided to make a small vermicompost system that I kept in my basement. The same size as the Urban Composting kit. I hadn’t realized how much produce my family eats, and because of that we had a back-up of food scraps. I had 100 european nightcrawlers to begin with. I just upgraded us from this:
Needless to say, we needed more worms. I ordered an additional 100 worms from the lovely folks at Early Bird Worms and they arrived! I highly suggest them for your vermicomposting needs. I ordered them Monday afternoon, received an email later that day saying that they would be shipped that same day and it’s now Wednesday and I already have them! Talk about fast service.
In other news:
I am finishing up some last-minute details on the Urban Composting Kit as well as designing a sweet little background for this site. It will be up and running in the next week or two!